Monday, August 29, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Pizza

Wheat tortillas have been my best friend lately. You can make so much with them! One of my favorite lunchtime meals recently has been homemade pizza on tortillas (yes, plural). When I first made it, just one tortilla was too thin and flimsy, so I layered two tortillas (with cheese in between, kind of like a quesadilla with a pizza on top). The result is FANTASTIC!

-two tortillas (wheat are the best)
-pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
-cheese (I like mixing mozzarella and sharp cheddar)
-toppings:  (I'll tell you what I add)
--carrots
--red and green bell peppers
--brussel sprouts (mixed with olive oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning - SOO good!) Remember this post about roasted brussel sprouts? 
(Sometimes I add more veggies, but this is usually what I have on hand. So, go crazy with those veggies!)

Spray cookie sheet, place one tortilla, cover with cheese (not too much). Press second tortilla on top. Cover with pizza sauce (I usually add pizza seasonings and grated parmesan at this point, but not needed). Add cheese. Add chopped veggies. (For brussel sprouts, mix in bowl after cutting, with olive oil and lightly coated with Steak Seasoning). Sprinkle entire pizza with salt and pepper. 

Broil on high for about 3-4 mins. You'll need to keep an eye on it and turn it if your oven cooks unevenly. You want the sides to be brown/black - because you want the brussel sprouts and veggies to roast. Brussel sprout layers tend to blacken when they are ready. That's when you know your pizza is done... and when the cheese is melted of course. 

You will LOOOOOVE this pizza. You MUST have the brussel sprouts on top, it gives it the best flavor with the steak seasoning. Seriously. 

Enjoy! 

*And the next day, make quesadillas or roll-ups with those tortillas you have. Best lunches ever. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...