Monday, August 9, 2010

Mock Chocolate Macadamia Toffee

I found this recipe on my favorite food blog, melskitchencafe.com.  My sister-in-law told me about Mel's several months ago and I've been cooking my way through it ever since.  Of course, I'm always drawn to the simpler recipes and boy is this one easy!  You're probably familiar with the saltine cracker version of mock toffee...this is the same idea, but better.  :)


½ box of graham crackers
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2 sticks butter
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces roughly chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a lipped baking sheet with a layer of tin foil (I used an 11X17 baking sheet). Arrange a single layer of graham crackers in the pan without overlapping. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add the sugars. Whisk to dissolve. Let boil and simmer for 5 minutes on low. Very carefully pour mixture onto the graham crackers, working quickly with a spatula to even out the layer. Bake 10 minutes. Remove and evenly spread out the chocolate chips and leave it to melt for 5 minutes. Using spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly. Top with chopped nuts. Let cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Break into pieces.
*you may want to grease the foil first

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...