Monday, August 9, 2010

Crunchy Parmesan Baked Chicken

This recipe is from the Food Nanny cookbook.  I've made it twice and it turned out perfect both times!  It's one of the few chicken dishes that doesn't turn out dry or mushy.  I also like using the buttermilk instead of eggs when coating the chicken.

2 lbs. chicken breast tenders
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/3 cup butter
salt

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease a baking dish

Pour the buttermilk into a wide, shallow dish.  Mix the panko, parmesan cheese
and garlic salt in another wide dish.  Roll each piece of chicken in the
buttermilk and then dredge in the panko mixture to coat.

Arrange the chicken pieces in the prepared pan.  Melt the butter in a glass
measuring cup in the microwave and drizzle the melted butter over all.  Bake for
about 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender and nolonger pink.  Sprinkle with
salt to taste.



Both times I've made this recipe, I wished that I had more leftovers so that I could repurpose the chicken for chicken parmesan with spaghetti.  Maybe next time I'll remember to make a double batch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...