Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Super Quick Whole Wheat Buns

Per Stacy and Pierce's multiple requests, I am finally posting my roll recipe!

I love homemade rolls, but I don't love spending a lot of time in the kitchen making them. So I was thrilled to find this recipe that is, not only healthy, but fast, easy and yummy! Perfect combo if you ask me!

1 c. warm water
1/3 c. butter, softened (or coconut oil)
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
3 1/2 c. whole wheat flour

1. Combine water, yeast, oil and honey; let rest for 15 minutes
2. Add salt, egg and flour to yeast mixture and mix well
3. Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut into 10-12 rounds (or shape rolls as desired)
4. Place rolls on greased cookie sheet
5. Bake @ 400-425 for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned
6. Brush with melted butter after removing from oven

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...