Friday, December 5, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole

-3-4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken boiled
-1 medium onion, finely chopped
-1 Tps. Oil
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 10 oz. can green enchilada sauce (I used two, more creamy and gives it more of a kick)
-1 4.5 oz. can diced green chilies
-20 corn tortillas (I thought that was too much, use 10-15 instead)
-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-1 cup sour cream

Cut boiled chicken into pieces. Saute onion in oil in large saucepan until translucent (I used a 12 inch pan). Stir in soups, sour cream, green sauce and chilies. Heat until warm. Tear tortillas into bite sized pieces. Layer sauce, chicken, tortillas, cheese, sauce, chicken, tortillas, cheese and sauce. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 2-3. 

Good with spanish rice and a fruit salad. 

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I made this for the missionaries and they loved it. One of the elders is from Mexico and he said it tasted just like his mom's enchiladas. I'm sure he was just being nice, but it really was good.
I used left over grilled chicken instead of boiling a big batch - it worked out really well.

Teri said...

I tried this tonight for our family and it was awesome! However, I didn't have the green sauce, so I used what I had - 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can of water, and 1 package of McCormick's Enchilada Sauce. Mixed it all up in a pan, added the other ingredients to make the "sauce" and voilá! My family LOVED it! Thanks for sharing this recipe! :9)

Teri said...

Oh! P.S. I also hadded about 1-2 Tbsp of lemon juice, and 2 tsp. of Cilantro just because I love those... It gave it nice tart twist! :9)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...