Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hash Brown Casserole

-2 -- 1 lb. packages shredded hash browns
-1/2 c. butter (melted)
-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
-1 -- 12 oz. package sausage (cooked)
-1 pint sour cream
-2 T. onion flakes
-1 c. milk
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. pepper
-4 eggs (but my mom and we doubled it)

Melt butter in 9X13 pan. Place shredded potatoes over butter. Sprinkle with cheese and then sausage over top. Mix remaining 7 ingredients and pour over potato cheese mixture. Bake immediately or cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Uncover, Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins or until set.

(You can also add sliced green onions into mixture that pours over the top).

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I was telling Mom the other day that I think this would also be really good with diced ham (for those who don't love sausage). The best part about this casserole is that it doesn't have the soggy bread in it like all the other breakfast casseroles!
PS - I think Aunt Heidi puts 12 eggs in it?? That would be good too.

Jordan said...

So I used HALF the amount of hash browns and 10 eggs. It was perfect. Also I used diced ham (two ham steaks) instead of sausage.
Next time, I'd use less (or no) butter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...