Monday, January 28, 2013

Baked Creamy Lime Chicken Taquitos

I've been eyeing this recipe for a while now and finally made it and I'm so so so glad I did. AMAZING! I seemed to have most if not all the ingredients already, so it was super simple and incredibly tasty. 

Ingredients:
- 1/3 c (3 oz) cream cheese (Um, so I actually used an entire package of cream cheese, which I believe is 8 oz... haha, I didn't even realize I did it wrong because it tasted so good. Ha. So, I'd probably use 4-6 oz. Or 8 again because it's easier. It didn't ruin the recipe at all, but next time I'll do less to see how it's really supposed to taste!)
- 1/4 c green salsa 
- 1 T fresh lime juice (Usually half a lime)
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/4 t granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- 2 T sliced green onions
- 2 C shredded cooked chicken (our best bites suggestions grilled taco chicken from their website... I just used a can of Costco chicken - easy and yummy!)
- 1 C grated pepperjack cheese
- small corn (or flour) tortillas (I made mine with flour because I prefer flour, next time I'd do wheat or homemade)
- kosher salt
- cooking spray

Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and light coat with cooking spray. 

Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic. Stir to combine (I used my kitchenaid) and then add cilantro and green onions. Add chicken and cheese and combine well. 

You can prepare this step ahead of time. Just keep mixture in fridge (I did that with half the mixture because it makes a lot). 

Work with a few tortillas at a time, heat them in the microwave until they are soft enough to roll without cracking. It helps to place them between damp paper towels. Usually 20-30 seconds will do. 

Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of the tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges (it will melt out from edges if you're too close). 

Then roll up as tight as you can, seam side down. 

Lay all taquitos on baking sheet, not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray or and oil mister and sprinkle some kosher salt on top. (I just rubbed olive oil on top and used sea salt)

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp with light golden brown edges. 

Dip them in sour cream, guacamole or Cafe Rio Lime Cilantro Dressing! 

Can be a freezer meal. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...